Customized music lessons and music therapy for all ages, Dance & Musical Theater.
The study of piano provides younger students with a solid foundation in music theory and a natural transition to composition. Piano is also and excellent first instrument for students who may later wish to investigate other instruments or to study voice.
Private lessons allow our teachers to tailor their instruction to the needs, abilities, and learning style of the individual student. Monthly student recitals are open to all students, and provide invaluable performance experience for student pianist
Music 4 Young Voices believes that the voice is the most intimate and powerful instrument that human beings possess and our pedagogical approach is at once approachable and rigorous. Students are encouraged to master essentials of music theory and ear training as a foundation to excellent musicianship. Music 4 Young Voices' vocal instruction covers traditions including opera, musical theater, jazz, folk, gospel, blues and R&B.
Students will learn essential vocal techniques and performance, including:
- Breath control
- Maintaining a legato line
- Diaphragm (its importance, location, accessibility, etc.)
- Diction, Solfege, Song interpretation.
Music 4 Young Voices offers one-on-one environment with world-class guitar educators across a range of musical traditions. Students will learn essential guitar techniques, including:
- Proper fretting hand and picking technique
- Proficient use of chords and scales
- Note reading on musical staff
- Music theory
- Performance/audition preparation
- Music appreciation
Students gain a historical overview of the violin, viola, cello or bass while also gaining an appreciation of the instruments' diversity extending beyond the scope of just classical music. After learning the intricacies of the different parts and maintenance of the instrument, students then learn the proper posture and positioning of the instrument and bow. The basic principals of music theory including notation and rhythmic concepts are then applied to the instrument creating simple pieces that the students eventually perform together and solo.
Intermediate and advanced students take part in the Music 4 Young Voices Orchestra as well as concerts and recitals in our facility and other venues in the tri-county area.
Drums & Percussion
Drums are one of the world’s oldest instruments and perhaps the most fundamental. They provide the backbone of the music, attract lots of attention, and the rhythms they provide are one of the defining characteristics of any particular style of music. students can learn to play a full range of percussion instruments, including drum set, claves, congas, marimba, tablas, timbales,and xylophone.
Students will learn essential techniques for successful performance, including:
- Proper grip and hand position
- Posture at the drum-set
- Rhythm reading from beginning to advanced. Chart reading and interpretation.
- Rudiments, rolls, drum-set coordination (Independence)
- Wide varieties of beats and styles, including jazz, rock, R&B, Latin, country, Broadway, world music, etc.
Recording & Producing
Music 4 Young Voices provides hands-on training in a real recording studio to give students the skills needed to create and produce their own music and covers. Students learn to use Pro Tools, Logic, and industry standard gear for their projects! Students focus on different genres of music using fruity loops to create beats and other top recording software to add vocals and mix and master their tracks.
Many children want to become composers and producers along with music engineers. Music 4 Young voices provides a way for them to create studio-quality recordings in the humble setting of our recording studio. Students will learn how to record, mix, and master tracks, experiencing with microphone positioning, and finally come out with a finished product.
Music 4 Young Voices believes that performance is one of the main goals behind learning to play an instrument and we offer a rich menu of opportunities for students to further cultivate their learning by joining one of beginning, intermediate, and advanced ensembles. Ensembles meet every other friday from 6:30pm to 8:00pm.
Students will learn essential performance techniques, including:
- Performing as a group member
- Establishing a repertoire of songs
- Mastering the techniques of performing in a live situation
- Understanding their instrument in a live performance setting
- Music theory
- Music appreciation, sight reading.
Music Theraphy 4 Special Kids
Students with disabilities have the capacity to participate in music experiences at a variety of different level of engagement. Teachers understand the students' abilities as well as areas of deficit to develop effective strategies to support students' success. A variety of visual, auditory, and kinesthetic formats for presenting information. multiple means of expression, multiple means of engagement, developing a variety of motivating, challenging and age/developmentary appropriate music experience to enhance learning.
Students with disabilities will participate at the same level and in the same ways as their peers without disabilities. students with more significant disabilities may need additional response accommodations. Music 4 special kids include: musical activities, songs, instruments, and resources. Music therapy is ongoing Mon-Fri 2-8 pm and Saturday from 9am-6pm.
1. Students are required to commit to at least one lesson per week.
2. Student request to reschedule and make up any lesson must be made at least 24 hours in advance, or the lesson will be forfeited.
3. Students are required to provide a 30 day notice for ending weekly lessons.
4. Student’s participation in concerts, recitals, competitions and other events are strongly encouraged, but not required.
5. Music 4 Young Voices reserves the right to provide substitute teachers when regular instructors are not available. We try to keep those situations to a minimum.